freedom

freedom

Monday, April 15, 2019

PA Randonneurs 400K

Another hilly PA brevet. The course was much more forgiving than the 300K, but still really climby. The course designers love to add hills. And multi-use bike trails. These trails are awful for the flow of a brevet.

Early in the ride I tried to hang with the tandem, they quickly pulled away, so I ended up riding with a group of the stronger riders(i.e. they are usually pretty quick and finish before most). Cruised with them for a bit and then eventually rode with the tandem most of the ride. I really like Pat and Cece off the bike, so of course riding 250 miles with them helps the miles go by.

My body felt gross and sore by the end. I think the heat and humidity highly contributed to chaffing and 'saddle sores'. I might try vasoline instead of chamois cream. Also may switch out my cutout Brooks C15 for my non-cutout one to see if a stiffer saddle may help. Anything over 300K is when I seem to have these issues.

I came into this ride with a 22 hour finish time goal, I finished in 20. We did sit down to some food at mile 117 for maybe 20 minutes and 195 which took around 25 minutes. Otherwise, tried to keep the control stop times down.





No comments:

Post a Comment