freedom

freedom

Friday, April 12, 2019

400K brevet meal prep/nutrition/recovery

I've been making mini burritos for my brevets lately. These seem to be working out well for me.

They consist of quinoa mixed with peanut sauce, sweet potatoes cooked in Bragg's aminos, and then topped off with Trader Joe's kale pesto and a little bit of coconut butter before being wrapped up. I wrap them in wax paper and a rubber band for ease of eating while on the bike. Aluminum foil is way too much of a hassle to use.


For this ride, I have my burritos and I've added a few more items to get me through the 250 miles. We've got a protein shake drink that I'll have on my drive to the start. An yerba mate for mid-day to get some caffeine and a mushroom/b vitamin/yerba mate energy mix that I'll take later in the night.
To add some calories throughout the ride, I've got Larabar's, cashew butter, and trail mix/banana chips to snack on. I've also got these Amazing Greens tablets that are watermelon flavored, have a serving of greens in them and will help with electrolytes.

I'm sure I'll also be grabbing candy and gatorade/lemonade at the control stops to keep my body going.


For post-ride recovery I'm bringing a NuGo protein bar and some CBD.





No comments:

Post a Comment