freedom

freedom

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Bodega Bay to SF overnighter and Davis Dart

I recently met my friend Ben at Bodega Bay as he is riding from Portland to Mexico. We slept at the hike/bike site and rode down the 1 in the morning. Following the same route I took during the Cloverdale to SF 200k. The weather was great and it is always fun to ride a route you know without having to look up directions.

A few days later was the Davis Dart. My team consisted of Amy, Preston, Jacinta, and myself. We rode as 'Team Dresch'.  Our route was pretty on par with other SFR rides I've done. I think we had the second most climbing out of all the teams. Our drop into Moraga was super cold. I needed long finger gloves and a jacket,  but was without. Food stops consisted of Subway and Del Taco. The macho fries at Del hit the spot. As we approached Winters, we started seeing other teams and then more passed by us as we were en-route to Davis. 

This was my first long ride to test out my Edelux II light and Shutter Precision hub. It was very bright and the beam shines very far and wide. The hub feels resistanceless and laced to a 32 spoke A23 it weighs in just over 2lbs.

Upcoming rides will be the Uvas Gold 200k and the last chance/first chance 200k's.

No comments:

Post a Comment